Steve Ressler is an accomplished public speaker who engages audiences with presentations on engineering, architecture, history, ethics, and professionalism. His presentations are characterized by enthusiastic delivery, high-quality visuals, and extensive use of physical models and demonstrations.
To arrange a speaking engagement, please contact Steve.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- “Engineering in the Ancient World” – Five-part lecture series presented aboard “Bright Horizons 29”–a Holland America cruise of the eastern Mediterranean, sponsored by Insight Cruises (May 6-18, 2016)
- “Building in Stone: The Greek Temple” – Invited seminar presentation at the Fellowship retirement community in Whitehall, Pennsylvania (April 15, 2016)
- “Reconstructing the Trireme” – Invited seminar presentation at the Senior Monday program, DaVinci Science Center, in Allentown, Pennsylvania (February 8, 2016)
- “The Sociology of Professions and Engineering Ethics” – Invited presentation at “Do the Right Thing: How to Encourage Ethical Behavior and Practice,” a conference at the University of Wisconsin – Madison (September 24-25, 2015)
- “Seeing Structure in Architecture” – Five-part lecture series presented aboard “Bright Horizons 26”–a Holland America cruise to Norway and Iceland, sponsored by Insight Cruises (August 1-15, 2015)
- “The Arch” – Invited seminar presentation at the Senior Monday program, DaVinci Science Center in Allentown, Pennsylvania (November 10, 2014)
- “Conceptual Models of the Professions and Professionalism: Application to Civil Engineering” – Presentation to the Board of Direction, American Society of Civil Engineers in Stowe, Vermont (July 12, 2014)
- “When the Drums Begin to Roll” – Keynote address at the Hanover Township, PA, Armed Forces Day commemoration (May 22, 2014)
- “Seeing Structure in Architecture” – Four-part lecture series presented during the inaugural Great Courses Cruise, developed in collaboration with Insight Cruises (November 4-17, 2013)
- “The Greek Temple” – Presentation to 50 attendees at the Stonebridge retirement community in Princeton, New Jersey (October 19, 2013)
- “Engineering Education at West Point” – Presentation to the Rotary Club of White Plains, New York (April 15, 2013)
- “The Quebec Bridge Failure: A Case Study in Engineering Ethics” – Keynote address at the Order of the Engineer Initiation Ceremony, West Point, New York (April 25, 2013)
- “Using Questioning to Enhance Student Engagement” – Keynote address at “Shaking the Foundations of Geotechnical Engineering,” a conference of the International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering in Galway, Ireland (July 5, 2011).